BCM is a rapidly evolving discipline. The standard Professional Practices started with DRII in the United States in 1988 and BCI in the United Kingdom in 2004. This newness means that industry concepts and best practices are still evolving rapidly. A number of provocative questions surround the future of BCM, including the following:
- What is the relationship of BCM to Governance, Risk and Compliance?
- With dozens of software vendors available, what would work for my organization?
- Which analyst firms best follow the industry?
- Are there strategic industry standards my organization can follow?
- How can I find good training for my staff?
Over the years, COOP Systems has found some excellent resources to assist with answering these questions, placed on the Industry News and Standards pages following.
COOP Systems recommends the following on-line sites for news and industry content.... more
COOP Systems believes that three ISO standards are revolutionizing the BCM industry... more